Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 25 minutes
§ 1/2 cup dry quinoa
§ 1/2 cup dry green lentils
§ 3 cups kale I like curly green kale or lacinto kale best
§ salt and pepper to taste
1. Put 1/2 c quinoa and 1/2 c lentils in a pot. Add 2 cups of water.
2. Bring to a boil and then cover the pot and reduce to a low simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Shred/chop/tear the kale into bite sized pieces while you are waiting.
4. After 15 minutes, add in spices and desired seasonings and quickly stir. There should be just a little bit of water left.
5. Then put the kale on top of the quinoa and lentil and cover the pot again.
6. Simmer for another 5 minutes to steam the greens and then remove from heat.
7. Keep the pot covered and let stand for another 5 minutes. You can remove the steamed greens or mix them into the quinoa lentil mixture. Mix and adjust the seasoning to taste.
8. Serve warm.